Sunday, February 11, 2007

nOnce woRds


I am speechless. Literally.

See, my voice was breaking around Friday night and I downed seven -- okay, fine, a measly two -- beers to remedy the problem, and by the time I got back to the dorm, my voice sounded like sandpaper through aluminum foil -- though I told someone that my throat feels funny but he typically grunted like a, like a ... man.

Fast forward to NSTP area, wherein my tutees, God bless ya, kids, told me, quite innocently, "Ate Shang, bakit tunog lalaki ka?"

And yesterday afternoon, I couldn't scream properly to all the degenerative emo/laslas songs in my laptop so I just plugged in dance-y tunes instead for catharsis (yeah, I catharted!). Yes, the sight of me dancing has scarred my roommies for life.

And now. Now, when I try saying, "The quiz contestants ate strawberries with cream while Walther the clown was playing the xylophone," nothing but a squeak resembling three mice trapped in that sticky yellow thing they, er, use to trap mice with, comes out of my mouth. Yun. ... Although why I'd want to say "The quiz contestants ate strawberries with cream while Walther the clown was playing the xylophone" remains a mystery to me.

This is a heads-up if, tomorrow, you ask me a really important question, like, "Anong sagot sa number 4?" I just stare at you. And stare. And stare some more. And maybe a squeak here and there.


*

Oh, and can someone please explain how they did the aquarium thing sa music video ng Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off ng Panic! At the Disco? It's thumbtacked to my brain. I mean, how do they breathe? And are their hairdos reinforced with Vulcaseal or something?

Wala lang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home