Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Make it all fall faster


I think this is some sort of sick joke.

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is the fear of long words. Not making this up. First heard this on the FX on my way to Calatagan last Halloween. It had me snort C2 two seats across.

Sad, sad peoples who have this phobia. I can see it now:

"Hi, everyone. My name is John and I've got hippo -- WAAH!!!"

"Hi, John."

How long should a word be that it's actually scary?

Equilibrium
? Shiver!

Antidisestablishmentarianism? Pees pants!

Supercalifragilisticespialidocious? Nervous breakdown!

Hohay.


*


"Don't worry. Everything will fall."

Wait. Blink. Wait some more. "Go on, please."

"What can I say? I'm a pessimist."

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home