Sunday, November 11, 2007

This is how we should begin


The days leading up to school used to be a flurry of red National Bookstore plastic bags and pressed uniforms. Everything would smell of unraveled plastic cover and Kiwi shoe shine. I would be stocking up on pens and highlighters and intermediate pads. I'd buy earrings. I'd get new underwear. I'd doodle on my notebook covers. I'd stick a photograph of my parents (the one where my dad was carrying my mother and my mom has her arms around my father and they are in a swimming pool) in my planner.

Now, I'm just looking for booze.

Last Friday, after I got tossed and tumbled by the RegCom, I met up with Sarj and ZoeDee in (like, you know) Starbucks. Cuz we Atenistas, haha. Ahem. Catched up on things, which roughly translates to me jumping Zoe because I hadn't seen her in months, me attacking the Dunhills waiting to be attacked on the table, me getting free coffee. We talked about the usual stuff: neon green dildoes, writing styles, threesomes, this girl's boobs, Victor's grand gesture, a washing machine, a diamond ring, more threesomes and shouting matches. And then Xander came and joined us, which means April got fried big time.

Wee. (Sasha is giddy. I can't help it.)

And then more things happened that night, which included an imaginary (um)friend, a bucket of beer, a gigantic burrito, dirty dancing to Enrique Iglesias and an aluminum cowboy/stripper.

School starts tomorrow. I got the classes that I wanted, which means I won't be able to sustain a normal conversation without throwing in something from my predicted mile-high Lit readings. Philippine Literature, Third World Literature and Modern Poetry, plus a lot of Philosophy thrown in. Oh yeah, and Sir Krip's fiction workshop. Oh, gah. What did I get myself into?

School starts tomorrow and random stranger beside me is telling the random stranger beside him that, to quote, "Alcohol is the best way to get girls."

School starts tomorrow and I am yet to figure out if I'd actually be able to wake up for it, as I, of course, am still in sem break mode, which means I woke up at 4 PM kanina.

Oh, well.

I'll see you kids tomorrow. :)


*


Public Service Announcement: Who wants to shack up in my former dorm? I've been staying with Helen and the others (former roommates) in curfew-free Prince David, but I can't legitimately leave my dorm yet if no one takes my slot. So. So. Help. :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home