Thursday, November 01, 2007

Lobotomizing enlistments


I'm on vacation, which means I've gone cold turkey for a while, which means this could get snarky, or could fail at snarkiness and bitchery -- it pendulums here and there -- but all I really want to say is: AISIS, you are the current bane of my existence.

Yes, yes, I realize how pathetic it is to gripe at a freaking program, however ineffective and useless (bakit may manual reg pa, taena!) it is, and I will most probably be just sputtering like mad. I could begin with the fact that I had to wake up at an ungodly hour during a freaking holiday just so I could enlist in classes I was basically coerced to enlist in. I could go on and on and on and I will most possibly cease to make sense after the first tangina, AISIS, so I'll just ask you to scoot on over to Martin's site since, of course, he makes much more sense than I could ever wish to have.

Whew.

Basta. The thing is, I prefer to study Philippine Literature under Max Pulan, Modern Poetry under Vince Serrano and I don't know why but I want to study Theories and Practices of Writing, even if its a three-hour Friday night class.

Hay. I might enjoy Shakespeare and Graphic Novel-ing and Poetry Tutorial (gasp). Shakespeare's interesting inuman conversation -- just ask Marie La Vina. 'Sides, I still wanna know what happened to Ophelia, and what the hell one of King Lear's daughters' name is. Cordelia yata. And Graphic Novel-ing. Sarj is there, which means, well, we can create a force field around ourselves to ward off Narutards. And I was there at Gino Bagsit's Heights Talk and he's a purdy nice guy, even though he basically ignored my Hermionic attempts to answer his questions. And Poetry Tutorial with DM Reyes. Okay, sana eh, pero we're forgetting one thing -- I don't fucking write poetry! God knows I wish I do, but I don't.

I could like the classes I'm stuck in, but basically, there would always be the feeling that I just got stuck there. Every time I'm having a hard time, I'll say, tanginang AISIS yan. Every time I have to wake up, drunk on the way to hungover, every first and third Tuesday morning, I'll say, tanginang AISIS yan. Every time I hate the classes, I'll say, god damn you, AISIS, while shaking my fist at the high heavens, a margarita in the other hand.

Anyway, Sarj and I came up with a master plan to rock AISIS out of its smarmy techie pants. I'm feeling much better because of it. (Then, if that won't work, either I go perform lobotomies on random people with a pair of rusty pliers, or I sulk Monday to Friday, this coming sem.)

Ah! Before I forget, eto pa isa kong reklamo ko -- araw-araw ako may klase! Kalokohan! Gah.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home