Monday, October 08, 2007

You're my wonderwall


One of my roommates, Ate Mabs, moved out today, to a place in Makati, so she'd be closer to work. I won't go into the details here -- I barely managed to not look like a leaky faucet, blubbering over her shoulder as she went -- but needless to say, I shall miss her. Especially Helen. Like, a couple of days ago, I asked Helen for some acetone and she told me Ate Mabs had some, and then she paused and sobbed, "Yan, pa'ano na tayo 'pag wala si Ate Mabs?"

I, on the other hand, aside from the whole person leaving thing, thought of other, bigger things. Like the fridge. And the electric stove. And the water heater. And the oven toaster. And the TV. Hehe.

When she'd gone, I looked around at my dorm room and realized, not only the token mushy It feels so empty but the more pragmatic, "Holy fuck, wala nang laman yung kuwarto!" Ang dami naman kasing gamit ni gaga.

Anyways, we'll miss you loads, Ate Mabs. From griping about boys, to having our own personal stylist/fashion police, to opening bottles of Red Horse and spending the night around our table sucking on Lethal Mentoses. And you.

(Insert Spice Girls Goodbye theme here.)

EDIT: Helen tells me that Ate Mabs texted her to say, "Miss you guys. It's so quiet here."

Aw. Wala ba naman yung talak namin ni Helen eh. Hay.

*

And because Ate Mabs has gone, I took the opportunity to sift through three years worth of junk. Now, I've got a clean, color-coordinated closet (cuz I'm feeling OC); four (four!) large boxes of books; shoes in boxes; bigger desk space; a new bookshelf (wee!); and an artsy fartsy wall which includes pictures of random peoplesss, some doodles I made, some doodles by other people, photos by Nathan Archival (wah, san galing yung mga yun?), a (crappy) poem I made on the back of a bingo card, a poem someone wrote for me (awww, barf, hehe) and a memo from the United Hills Association that says, verbatim:

WARNING: Beware of a certain person, in his early twenties, driving a cream-colored car roaming around the village trying to victimize young females walking on the street. The driver stops in front of them, open the door, trying to touch them and shows his private part. . .

Panalo kaya, hehe. I will show you my private part!!! Nyarrr... :)

I thought it was interesting enough to put on the artsy fartsy wall. Problem is, my gaze wanders from my laptop screen to the damn wall often, and in my mind, on loop, is: Oooh, pretty.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nikay said...

"photos by Nathan Archival (wah, san galing yung mga yun?)"

gave 'em to you, rememburrr?

9:18 PM, October 10, 2007  
Blogger Sasha Martinez said...

Ooh, yaaaah. :p

And I seem to remember us wailing at the 7-11 at 2:30 AM for some Red Horse Grande. :)

2:08 PM, October 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home