Tuesday, October 02, 2007

We'll do it in the dark with smiles on our faces


1
An aunt notices the absence of butterflies cavorting around a typewriter from this site and asks, "What trouble are you in now?"

2
On the subject of love lives, I ask my 12-year-old brother John Vincent: "Ano naman ang ginagawa mo dun sa girlfriend mo?"

Sighs a long-suffering kind of sigh. "Ayun, binabantayan."

Mga Martinez talaga o.

3
I tell my dad about the pending dress code in Arneow and he gifts me with the wisdom of one who has had three beers at lunchtime: "Ay, naku, ineng, habulan lang yan!"

4
From Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray, one of my favoritestestest books of all time (because it's so spanking unapologetically evil, buwahahahahaha). Ahem: "When one is in love, one always begins by deceiving oneself and ends by deceiving others; that is what the world calls romance."

5
Justine, my dear girl -- sa susunod na punta mo dito, paabutin mo naman ng kahit anim na oras tayong magkasama ha, ija? :) Enjoy Frog. (In Germany daw.)

6
From Roald Dahl (whose book, The Witches, I am giggling over right now): "A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom."

7
"Spend time every day listening to what your muse is trying to tell you," says St. Bartholomew.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uy, you have a copy of The Picture of Dorian Gray??? I HATE YOU!!! I've been looking for that for 28 years galore. Haha.

12:56 PM, October 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home