Monday, October 01, 2007

But you're yesterday's child to me


And I realize that I am not going down without a fight. It will amuse some of you that I got the fire and brimstone lecture, but I never had a good track record with disciplinary officers anyway. But I do learn my lessons. So even though it might seem like I'm tilting my impudent ass towards you well-wishers, I'm really not. Just waiting for them butterflies to come out.

Like my high school classmate Eric loved to say: "It's better to cheat than to repeat." I don't really see the relevance of that statement here, but hey -- it is what Eric loved to say.

What I am trying to say is: The Golden Rule is Don't Get Caught. Perform my demonic duties with just the right pinch of Stepford-ness. Be a robot. Don't get mad -- get even. Forgive, but never forget. Or even more heartless, forget but never ever forgive. Little things we learn in kindergarten recess and carry with us to fight the sheer unblemished souls of well-meaning angels out there, fluttering by with nary a monitor-shard scratch.

(Damn.)

Where was I? Oh yeah, trying to summon enough humanity in my black, black soul, to act the least bit penitent.

Balik kayo in 50 years.

PS
I just feel I'm going to get sent to the principal's office yet again. Oh, well. I'm a Martinez. We're supposed to be reckless mavericks with a taste for trouble and long-suffering women. Or men. I missed the last part of the Family Code.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home