Monday, November 12, 2007

Let us go then, you and I


I realized that I shouldn't be doing all this ew, work on the first day of class. There's still roughly an inch of highfalutin readings over there I have to go through and I've just taken the time off (translation: I peeled my nose from between the illegally photocopied pages of an introduction by Sir Jimmy Abad) to well, er, procrastinate. Blog, I mean.

[How My Day Went]
Anyway. I stumbled into Philo class, ten minutes late. Because that's just who I am. Then I had my Phil Lit in Eng class (I should come up with a better name for that). Classmates kami ni Cat Quevenco and Marie La Vina, plus all my other Math blockmates from two years ago. Anyway. Came out of that classroom with the doom and gloom of someone who has been told she'd have to read seven novels (seven!) before the semester ends, on top of every other thing in the class and other classes as well. Okay. And then I went to Third World Bel for some Third World Lit, where I'm classmates with Trish Elamparo. Oh, yeah, I saw Andrea Teran sa Bel Cafe thingie. Wasak. And then after class I saw Martin and I tagged along with whatever he was up to, then I saw Sarj and we did our thing sa smockets. And then off we went to Modern Poetry, where I heard the word decrepitude used for the first time in the history of human monologues. And then Sarj and I met up with Lia Albano and Gab Murillo to go to the Fiction workshop, and then after forty-five minutes of waiting, waiting, waiting, we left. I think the prof forgot about us. Oh, well. So now I'm here in the libe, doing my goodie goodie schoolgirl thing.
[/How My Day Went]

Oh yeah, and I'm minoring in Lit. Haha. Figured since I'm taking all the required subjects, I might as well call them something. Kahit pampahaba lang ng degree title, hehe. BFA Creative Writing, Minor in Literature. Shiyeht.

Oh yeah, and I'm going to have to really read 'The Wastelands'. Yes, that 'Wastelands'.


*


oh god it's wonderful
to get out of bed
and drink too much coffee
and smoke too many cigarettes
and love you so much
- Steps by Frank O'Hara

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home