Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Get Norwegian Wood with me


Sunday evening, Martin Villanueva sends me this cryptic message. Not the best kind of message to receive when one is hip-deep in two books -- one a pseudo-Scottish tale of interfering faes, the other Corelli's Mandolin (which is just a big, beautiful Greek pain in the ass.) But there it was, "good writerly news," glaring at me from the itty-bitty screen of my cellphone.

Heart rate jumps up. I tell Martin he's daydreaming. Am hopeful but ever-so-slightly cautious. But I insist Martin is daydreaming.

At 5:18:37 AM of Monday, I get another text message, this time from High Lord Krip Yuson. It wasn't enough that he actually sent me a message -- that alone is a signal that the cosmos is shifting on its bum. But a message, so-called "good writerly news" as prophesied / daydreamed into being by Martin.

"Hey, u got into d Dumaguete workshop. Congrats. [insert smiley face here]"

I could've fainted. I don't know. Since I received the message fifteen minutes after I finally fell to sleep (all hail Summer Insomnia), I just went back to drooling on my pillow.

So for hours, a day or two, I was in limbo. Tunay ba? O pinaglalaruan lang ako ng tadhana? (Sorry, channel 2 lang ang kuha ng TV sa Calatagan -- puro ako telenovela.)

I needed proof. My heart (thud thud), my sanity (wang wang) was on the line.

Five minutes latter, I opened my Friendster account.

And found salvation.

I am now, officially, a Dumaguete National Writers Workshop Friendster Friend.


*
INTERMISSION START
You can leave now, for a moment or two. This is my space for personal, solitary, cherished madness:

IAMAFELLOWFORDUMA-freaking-GUETE.
IAMAFELLOWFORDUMA-freaking-GUETE.
IAMAFELLOWFORDUMA-freaking-GUETE.
IAMAFELLOWFORDUMA-freaking-GUETE.

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel*
*mad, uncontrollable laughter*
*ricocheting off the walls*

INTERMISSION END
*


TREPIDATION.
Thanks, Zoedee, for releasing the muck created by sniffling my nose raw over results.

THEY'RE NOT READY FOR YOUR GENIUS, RIOTGIRL!

Love, love, love.
And thankyousoomuch for making me feel better.


*

Yun. Aforementioned daydreamer Martin Villanueva is in for Nonfiction, Super-senior and blockmate Catherine Alpay is a fellow for Fiction.

Gawd, I'm a fellow. Now I'm trying to remember what the fuck I wrote in my stories.

Anyhoo.

Ima cork the happiness back in now. I know y'all wanna slap me with the nearest blunt object.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home