Sunday, April 08, 2007

Wanna wait for silence


I'm off to Calatagan, Batangas in a couple of days, where the entire Internet network consists of one desktop, OS Windows 98, going at 15.5 Kbps. The decent Interenet cafes are at least a town away, in Balayan, where a Jollibee stands grinning beside a lost-looking Rizal.

So this means I'll be in hibernation from the bloggie blogosphere for some days (weeks) or so.

Until then, I'll be in my sunny hometown, whose roads are littered with cow dung and flattened froggies; where there is a rather curious shortage of condoms (leading to the sharp rise in pregnancies); where Brian and I sit on top of my father's 1975 Mistubishi's midnight-blue/mold-green hood, being feasted upon by rabid mosquitoes; whose Mentos supply I've completely horded and sucked on.

And since my darling Nami (my laptop) got zapped by lightning a year ago, I can't connect dial-up from home. And I don't have Wi-Fi. Which means I'll trudge to the Internet shops my brothers haunt just to deliver my inane randomizations in my bloggies.

All this is a rather rambling and Sasha-esque way of saying: I may not be updating as often as I usually do because I'll be in exile. Yeyness.


*


EMO MODE 1 ON
ZoeDee lectures me on the power of positive thinking, the laws of attraction. Think and ye shall get it. So here I am, thinking about the Dumaguetes, hoping hopin hoping. Beaches -- blue and green frolicking with waves and winking sun, Jimmy Abad, dappled sunlight on sand beneath coconut fronds and random foliage, fried iced cream, Edith Tiempo, a table, possibly radioactive water, and Edith Tiempo. Hope.

And then I see a motherfucking typo. ARGH.
*stabs eye with pen*

There are times that I am deathly afraid of hoping because I know that the rejection might crush me harder. When I get the news, I'll be in Calatagan, between sugarcanes, being chased by a snake; or in Cavite, melting under the gleeful, macho sun and avoiding dishwashing duty; or with Yaps, drinking and trying not to pseudo-smoke.
EMO MODE 1 OFF


*


EMO MODE 2 ON
Dear Lover-I-Don't-Have-to-Love,

I am wanting an abstract You because He just won't cut it. All of them won't.

Yours,
The Abstract-er Me
EMO MODE 2 OFF


*


Hello to happy tree friends, PerpetualHeartbreak Chua, Dino, Gia, Yaps, Sarj, Jevvie, Nikita, Gabie, Helen, ZoeDee and our brothers and sisters in EasterLand. :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home