Wednesday, December 06, 2006

imAgiNary uM-fRieNd


Okay, I am over Daredevil due to the fact that it is over. With the metal bars of a jail cell slamming on his hunk-du-lovely face. And it ended there. Fantaaastic. Can anyone say biten with me?

Anyhoo, I spent a coupla odd hours talking to Cat (hello, stranger) and that sorta revived all the gothic escapist literature I've tucked under tons of French conjugations, ruminations on Brokeback Mountain fanfics and of course, The Man Without Fear.

So I know that some (a lot) of my widdle blockmates don't really like escapist lit, and with me throwing in goth, you'd all think Sasha's on the road to becoming the abhorred pseudo-philosophical bullshitter, not unlike Angela Carter and Anne Rice (there I said her name; smite me). But please, you love me, little Miss Sunshine, so you'll let this pass.

Come Christmas and fruitcake and counting down to midnight, Ima be back to my fatalistically dumb-ass angst and families that can't seem to get that they're related.

Speaking of fruitcake, last weekend, I was begging my mom to steal me some fruitcake from the office. You know how companies send all kinds of junk to other companies during Christmas. Anyway, there I was, chanting fruitcake, fruitcake, fruitcake...

Mom: There's a really gay guy on our floor.
Sasha: Not that kind of fruitcake. The one with nuts.
Mom: Well, he has two. Won't those do?

Yes. That is my mother.

<<-->>

I'm going to saunter off to hunt and forage for a gift for a certain someone. Awee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home