Thursday, April 03, 2008

The monkey on your back


Hello, welcome to Brainfartlandia.

1
Should I be interning now or something? Ah, reality rears its ugly head. I wonder, I wonder. This is my last summer in college, as next year shall be senior days galore. Should I be knocking on certain corporate doors, begging to photocopy their files and make them coffee? Should I have done this months ago? Does it even matter anyway, when I've already planned to erect a fall-out shelter in a creekside bakanteng lote somewhere in Loyola Heights after I (eep!) graduate?

I don't even know why I'm thinking about this now. Most probably because this is an example of the kind of things you think about when you've spent the last few days blissfully melting your eyes with e-book radiation / Allende-overload. But then, certain peoplez have rockin' internships, whereas my plans for this summer, hazy at best, include semi-nudity and Off! lotion, hammocks and green mangoes, a moody laptop and certain publications, oh yeah -- happy time and sweetness.

2
Out of sheer boredom, and in trying to distract myself from sheer boredom, in the midst of my frantic packing (oh, who am I kidding?), I unearthed the journals I kept last summer, while in Dumaguete, and those written the weeks after. All I can say is -- damn. Haha. :) Spent an hour or so giggling in post-humiliation / kilig / bangs - head - on - nearest - wall. As in pota, the drama.

(Oo nga pala, deadline for submission of manuscripts for this summer's workshop is April 5. Come on, kids. It shall be holy batman, what just happened?! experience. :p)

And a big wave to Sir Sawi. :)

3
I'll be leaving this bleep-bleep of a place before the month ends. Yes, I realize, I still have no place to live in. Teka. (Oi, Kash Martinez Avena, long-lost-sister / faux girlie lover, where are you? You shall be shelter, hehe.)

4
Oh and acourse: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARJ! To (your) future world domination, my dear anal ex-editress and partner in smocket-crime. :)

5
And a late birthday greeting to Kael Co. :) Happy birthday po, sir. Inom pa.

6
Any minute now, Ima start working on my fiction fosho. For sure. Whatever.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home