Monday, March 03, 2008

The Bible didn't mention us


Miss me?

1
I have not been abducted by aliens and put alongside cows and dolphins. No antiseptic capsule was constructed with me in mind, no silver jumpsuit was sewn from fibers found only on a moon in a galaxy named Sardo. No swashbuckling pirate, no down-on-his-luck cowboy, no bored multimillionaire decided to kidnap me. No one threw me over his ship, his horse, his Benz. Not even a tricycle. I wasn't thrown, gagged, my hair all a-tangle, in a ditch in Marinduque, with the remains of a popsicle in my bound hands. Any tacky impersonator of Jame Gumb did not strip the skin off me, because frankly, I doubt anyone would fit in to it the way it looks now. I have led a completely boring weekend life of DVD marathons (ohmygod, laglag ang panty ko kay Jean Reno sa Leon!) and hopia mongo, chronic oversleeping, and uncharged mobile phones.

2
I have been reading Ann Beattie's Secrets and Surprises, at Sir Larry's suggestion. I have been suffering from Literary Booger Complex. I have never had this strong an urge to hurl a book across the room for its vomitociously galing literary merit.

3
I have a copy of Roland Barthes' A Lover's Discourse on my bookshelf. My grandfather, fresh from the hospital, got it for me -- they all told me it was the only copy they found, after scouring bookstores upon bookstores. At Borders, there it was, sitting lone and alone, flanked by Barthes' books on Mythologies and Signs, seemingly waiting for that one person who would stride through the door with its name reverberating in his mind. Oh, thank you, everyone.

4
We've been productive, haven't we? I started working on them ideas germinating in my widdle mind, and got "The Evident Muse" (don't hassle me because it's a freakin' cheesy title, orayt?), "Sunday Morning", 90% of "The Eye Maker", and another one very tentatively titled "Nacho Libre" because I have no idea what to name it... Yeah-huh, I gots my short story mojo back.

Oh, and I think I wrote two poems. I think, I think.

This might suffice as an explanation why I look and sound and read out of sorts. Me back from dead, ug ug.

5
No way to measure time / when you cannot see the sky --

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home