Friday, December 14, 2007

Jack Frost nipping at my nose


On taking a breather from the mountain of Coetzees, Polotan-Tuveras, Fuenteses, Lahiris, Joaquins, Gonzaleses, Pounds, Heideggers, I picked up a book with a florid green cover (from my ever-present stack of floridly-green-covered books) and thought:

"I want a 6-foot-2, 200-pound Norwegian slab of a bodyguard who had been a detonations expert before; a manicurist and hairdresser before that; an interior decorator before that; would schlep a little black kitten called Lucifer around; and watch One Tree Hill with me while we devour a tub of vanilla ice cream.

And his name shall be Sven, denied a part in Baywatch for having the compulsion to look lovingly into the camera ever so often, denied a part in an Off-Broadway musical about homosexual loving for being too masculine. Loveable, Self-Esteem-Issues-Plagued Sven."

'Tis all.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home