Monday, January 14, 2008

The little spies


Family update: Baby cousin Ashley spent her second birthday dressed in a lilac gown, in the arms of Jollibee -- who "accidentally" let one gloved hand wander momentarily to my flat behind. I could have touched his ass, but I doubt he would feel it.

Spent Sunday with my family (yes, I have one) -- Mom and I running around Festival Mall looking for shoes and secondhand books, the boys in tow, grumbling, holding our bags. John Vincent's average is above 90, Gabriel Joshua needs Chapters 4 and 5 of his thesis and my father thinks brown looks good on him.

*

Writerly update: Woke up at three this morning to the sound of my calves shrieking in pain. Must've been all that traipsing around the Metro last night. Opened my laptop, admired a shiny new gadget attached to it like a cyst (thanks to my mother for filching a Flash Drive for me), then started hammering away at the keys. End result, one odd sunrise later, is A Knock on the Door, four pages (uncharacteristically short for me, sufferer of Acute Literary Elephantiasis) of my first ever completed short story of the year. YEEEY!

Which means my ever-pending Red Earth has been whining repeatedly and continuously due to neglect. One damn scene refuses to be written. Tadyakan na 'to.

*

Friend-ic (what's a modifier for friend?) update: Blockmates and I had an inuman thing at Aila's pretty fly pad -- we watched Rent for the umpteenth time, ate Nikay's pesto, and urged Sandelicious to go on. I also watched people fall off like flies, succumbing to sleep. At which point, I opened the windows to scream random adulations to slumberous Loyola Heights.

I missed you crazy peoples!

*

Voices in My Head update: I need to get into that My Chemical Romance concert. Angst na kung angst. Sarj and I shall be in it together, and my emo prowess, combined with her innate ability to spread terror and horror to the ends of the earth shall make Mikey and Gerard Way to fall on their knees in front of our Chuck Taylors.

Oh, and Paramore's Crush Crush Crush is stuck in my head.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home