Saturday, June 09, 2007

Leave this city behind you


"Happy?"

Through a mouthful of crispy fried
bangus and itty-bitty buttered shrimp, I say, "Yes." I could smile, but I haven't gotten the shrimp head from between my front teeth yet.

*

I have been dreaming about this ever since I was a little girl, ever since my first Friday out of kindergarten -- I ran my paint-stained hands through my short curls and whined, "I wish weekends were weekdays and weekdays were weekends."

Wish come true. This semester, I've only got two days of classes, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Got Lagliva for Philo, Asis for Theo, Ocampo for Histo, Delgado for Nonfic Seminar and TBA for the Fiction Workshop.

Didn't even think about who my teachers were, their reputations. Prioritized scheduling convenience over my mortality.

This semester was made for lazy&rabid loving, writing and more lazing. Fuck school. Haha.

*

Poem's read.

"Thank you."

Defensive agad si gaga: "Hindi para sa'yo 'to!"

Ten minutes later: "Aware ka ba na love poem yung sinulat mo?"

Blink blink. "It's a death and sex poem."

*

Public Service Announcement:
May inuman sa bahay ni Zoe sa Monday, June 11. Sama-sama tayong mag-wasakan bago magpakalunod sa semestreng puno ng pagsusulat, pilosopiya at teolohiya. (Yak.) Magdala kayo ng serbesa dahil ako'y kasalukuyang walang pera. Magsuportahan tayong mga makata -- magpainom at magpakain ng kapwa manunulat. I-drayb niyo na rin ako papunta dun.

Konyong bersiyon:
Like, there's gonna be, like, a drinking thaaang at Zoe's pad on Mondaaahy. Bring beer cuz I'm like, ew, poor. Let's, like, do this before, like, the fuckeeeng semester staaahrts.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home