Wednesday, June 28, 2006

buOyanCy bLues


What is it about swimming that absolutely takes away the thought of living happy out of me?

Ladies and gentlemen, it's the floating.

Yes, I am aware that many will scoff at this. Floating, reputedly, is the *freaking* easiest thing to do. With making bubbles as an exception.

Jeeezus. It's not the act of floating that scares me. It's what it stands for. I can float. I *know* that I will float. Physics tells me so. (Everyone else does too.) Screw that. I'm an intelligent human being.

It's the letting go. Relinquishing your control over yourself. Relaxing.

Bobbing on the surface of the chlorine-ravaged water, with nothing to hold on to but yourself. And your breath.

And before that, during, after, forever... feeling the ledge seemingly slip away from the desperate grasp of your wrinkled fingers.

...

Hm. I will make a poem.

Saya. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home