Thursday, June 01, 2006

my mOm thiNks iVe goNe speLuNkiNg


am in pque, downloading ebooks at 1KB/s per 55 minutes. the files are a total of 190 MB. ang saya.

my mommy lily decided to demolish the bodega underneath the stairs (sa harry potter, "cupboard under the stairs," haha :p ) and put in a walk-in closet. syempre, mukhang dinemolish yung bahay ng lola ko ngayon. pero oks lang.. ang saya ko naman.

i unearthed a sidney sheldon book that used to be my mom's in college, a book about taosim pilfered from the up library (my mom or one of my aunts did that), a book called "wonderful earth" that i lurrrved in childhood and... (drumroll) ...my grandfather's journal.

yep, i am reading my grandfather's journal. he's nineteen here. he writes beautifully and his tone is... well, unbelievable.

"8/6/59: Woke up late. Just read "The Case of the Lazy Lover," a Perry Mason mystery. Nice pocketbook indeed."

he likes perry mason mysteries. reads one every other freaking day. ima go hunting for one.

yep. yep. that's between elaborate sketches of rocks (my grandfather's a mining engineer) and schedules for basketball games ("the juniors lost to the Ateneo Eaglets for the second time"). tucked in between the yellowed pages are little notes from women. different women. (daddy poop was the frat lord of mapua's "leading" fraternity.)

from 15/6/59: "Had an experience in the theater. A couple was talking about me. I did not mind them at all and what I heard, I just let it enter one ear and exit from the other."

and then...

[teka...] have to cut this short. widdle cousins want to use the internet. hai. [/teka...]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home